Make Sacrifices in 2021

 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗦𝗔𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭


Recently, Cristiano Ronaldo won the 'Player of the Century' Award for his glorious achievements in the past 20 years and during the ceremony, he was asked if his son could emulate his footsteps as a football legend.


His shocking reply: "NOT YET!" How could a father be so harsh? I thought. I became curious to know why he said that and he clarified...


"Sometimes, he drinks Coke, Fanta and eats chips and fries and I get angry because he knows I don't like it because it's not healthy for the body. Even when my little kids eat chocolate, they know it pisses me off." 


Wow! For Christ sake, his son is only ten. So, why the high expectations of him? But Ronaldo was simply saying, "If he cannot deprive himself of some pleasures and self-destructive habits, then he's NOT YET ready for success."


When they are home, he says, 'go to the treadmill to run a bit' and later says, 'now go to the cold water to recover to do it tomorrow again,' and the son replies, 'Daddy, the water is so cold, I don't want to do it.'


Though he admitted his son is just a kid, he still wants him to know that success demands hard work and sacrifice which is the secret of his success.


When I read all these, I started thinking about my own life to know if I'm making the necessary sacrifices to achieve my goals because, for every prize, there's always a price to be paid.


Though Ronaldo has got immense talent, he works himself out and abstains from anything whatsoever that will sabotage his productivity and that's why he is the most followed celebrity on Instagram.


The point is, like Ronaldo's said, you are NOT YET ready to succeed in 2021 if you are not ready to make sacrifices. Think about it, what sacrifices do you need to make in your career, your lifestyle, your habits and even your feeding? What are those habits you have that are sabotaging your success?


Remember, if you don't make a sacrifice for what you want, what you want will end up becoming the sacrifice

Glorious 2021


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post